In Bonusly, admins are able to manage users, set up integrations, manage the rewards catalog, update company information and payment methods, and pull detailed reports about Bonusly usage.
Admin Permissions are available with the Bonusly Pro subscription. To upgrade your account to Pro, visit the billing page. Once you've upgraded, you'll be ready to set up your own Admin Permissions!
You can grant admin access to any user, and there is no limit to the number of admins you can have on one account. There are four types of Admins available, which you can learn more about here: Types of Admin Permissions
Adding admin permissions
To give admin permissions in Bonusly, head over to the 'User Management' page. To give a user admin permissions, select "Edit" on the right side of the screen:
A modal will pop up, with two tabs: 'General' and 'Permissions'. Select 'Permissions':
Check the 'Global' option to give access to all admin pages at once. Select the individual permission options individually, as needed:
Select 'Save' when you're all done:
You can confirm that admin permissions have been granted by checking the icon in the "Admin Permissions" column:
Removing admin permissions
To remove admin permissions, follow the same process as for adding admin permissions described above, but instead of checking the box(es), uncheck them. Don't forget to hit save! 👍
- How many admins can I have on one account? As many as you need. With permissions, you can give admins global access to all admin pages, or restrict availability to specific functions within Bonusly. This allows for the management of different aspects of Bonusly in a safe and secure way.
- Can I grant temporary admin access? Yes. Admin access can be given and taken away quickly and easily. You can provide access so users can set up integrations or run reports as needed, and withdraw them whenever necessary.
- How many admins should I have in my account? Great question! The admin bandwidth needs of Bonusly varies greatly depending on a few key factors: Employee count, usage of key features, physical location(s) of employees, etc. Here are a few items to take into consideration when setting up your admin team:
How many users do you have on the platform? A good rule of thumb for starting admin count is two admins per account, and one admin per 50 users thereafter.
Are you using Claimable Awards? Claimable Awards, a Bonusly Pro feature, requires admin access in order to approve any pending claims. (Global permission is required for Claimable Awards management.)
-How many users can apply for your Claimable Awards?
-Are the majority of Claimable Awards department specific or company wide?
-What do you want your average turnaround time to be for review of pending claims?
-How many Claimable Awards do you have available?
Are you using physical Custom Reward options? Custom Rewards allows for the redemption of physical items, such as company swag. (Global permission is required for Custom Rewards management.) Does your business have multiple locations? Are the physical rewards available at every location, or does one site manage all of the physical reward redemptions? What do you want your average turnaround time to be for reward fulfillment (studies show that the more timely, the better!)
Who is an admin for any integrations you're adding? For security purposes, all of Bonusly's company-wide integrations (Unlike MFA, which can be set up for individual user accounts as needed) require the user to be an admin in both platforms in order to set up. However, not all integrations require admin status for both platforms for management after setup is complete.
Want to learn more? Check out these related articles:
- Types of Admin Permissions
- Bonusly Admin Features (video)
- How users can report bonuses
- Managing Claimable Awards
- Fulfilling Custom Rewards
- Customizing Bonusly
Have more questions? Reach us at email@example.com