This article is best for:
- Admins (who are global Teams admins) 🎉
- Pro & Core Accounts 💼
In this article:
The Bonusly integration for Microsoft Teams enables users to interact with Bonusly from the comfort of their daily workflow. With this integration, you can view recognition, as well as achievement and donation announcements, directly in Teams! 🙌 This article will show you how to integrate and set up your Microsoft Teams integration so you can give recognition!
Note: The user doing the installation must be a “global Teams admin.” There are multiple admin levels in Teams, but only global admins can adjust org-wide app permissions. 😁
Installing the Bonusly App:
Log into Microsoft teams, and select the "Apps" icon located on the bottom left-side of the navigation menu
2. On the apps page, type “Bonusly” and click on the app
3. Click “Add to a team.”
4. Select the team you would like to install the Bonusly app to. The app will only be available to the channels in the selected team and only users with access to that particular team can use the app to give recognition.
The bot will send a private Direct Message to welcome you, where you can give recognition, ask for help, or see what users you can give recognition to! 🎉
You can interact with the bot in any channel, but doing so in the announcement channel will be visible to everyone.
5. Doublecheck the Bonusly app’s permissions in your Teams Admin Center to confirm proper installation. The app should have org-wide permissions. For more info on setting org-wide permissions for apps, please visit Microsoft's help article on app permissions.
Changing your Microsoft Teams channel within Bonusly Integrations after initial setup:
If you already added the Bonusly bot into your team inside Microsoft Teams and need to change what specific channel the recognition activity points to, you can do so within Bonusly!
First, go to Integrations > Microsoft Teams in Bonusly:
2. Then select which channel inside of your Microsoft Teams integration that you want to be the "Announcement Channel". This is where all of the Bonusly activity will appear.
Hit "Save" and that's it! 🎉 The Microsoft Teams integration is all set up and ready to go!
Are you ready to give recognition? Learn more in our article on "Using the Bonusly Microsoft Teams Integration to give recognition!"
Questions? Reach out to our support team using the green chat widget in the bottom right-hand corner of your screen. They'll be happy to help! 🤗
Was this article helpful? Let us know by rating it below with an emoji and sharing your feedback! 👇