Bonusly is constantly working on expanding our rewards options, including donation options. However, with so many wonderful charities out there, we understand that getting a donation set up ASAP is important!
Adding charities as a custom reward is a great way to give to the charity of your companies choice, and it's easy to set up and manage.
Researching charities and logistics
You'll want to research the charity and how your company would like to handle donations.
Some questions to keep in mind:
- Can donations be given online?
- Are donations restricted to a certain amount?
- Does an admin want to make a donation every time a user redeems for the reward, wait until a certain amount has been redeemed, or process redemptions periodically (weekly, monthly, etc.)?
Remember, since these are custom rewards, how you manage them is entirely up to you.
Once those questions have been answered, all that is left is to set up a custom reward! 🎉
Setting up and fulfilling Custom Rewards
First, you'll add your charity as a custom reward. You can read more about how to add a custom reward in this article:
Things to keep in mind:
- Make sure the number points is equivalent to the donation amount in currency.
- Add the charities logo or brand imagery!
- Linking to the website and/or providing a description of the charity is encouraged.
- It's helpful to add information about how the donation will be made into the description box.
*Feature tip: Using the inventory feature is a great way of tracking how many donations have been made and suspends redemption availabilities until it's refilled!
Once users redeem for the custom reward, it will be time to make a donation on their behalf! Here is an article that will walk you through how to fulfill and keep track of custom rewards in Bonusly:
Have any questions about setting up charities as custom rewards? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be happy to help!