Multi-factor authentication (MFA) is an optional security measure that your company has chosen to implement. If your company has informed you that MFA is coming your way, make sure to read on to learn how to get MFA set up for your account! If you do not have MFA ready by the company chosen cut-off date, you will be locked out of your Bonusly account until you can receive company admin assistance.
In this article we will cover the following:
- How to sign up with MFA.
- How to sign in with MFA.
- How to update MFA if you are using a new device.
How to sign up with MFA for your company account:
Log into Bonusly, and then download a multi-factor authenticator app on your phone or add a Google Chrome extension. There are a few options available for free, including Authy and Google Authenticator:
Next, create an account with your MFA provider. When it is time to add an account to your MFA app, perform the following steps to connect Bonusly.
On Bonusly, click on your icon bar in the bottom left of your screen:
Then, choose "Settings":
Go to the "Security" tab at top of the screen:
On the Security page, select "Update" under the MFA heading:
A pop-up will open, with a QR code. Scan this QR code with your MFA app. It will generate a 6 digit code. Input the code into Bonusly and select "Submit". *As a heads up, the MFA 6-digit code changes every 30 seconds.
If successful, you will receive the following notice:
You're all done setting up MFA! 🎉 Continue to the next section to find out how to sign in with Bonusly with MFA.
Signing in with MFA:
When you log in for the first time after MFA is enforced, you will see that two items of information are now required; your password and an authenticator code.
To find your authenticator code, open your chosen MFA app or Chrome extension. When you choose your Bonusly account, it will generate a code for you. Input the 6-digit code into Bonusly, and you're ready to log in!
That's it! You're all set with MFA + Bonusly. 🎉
How to update MFA if you are using a new device:
A pop up window will appear with a new QR code. Follow the log in process in your MFA app in order to update your MFA + Bonusly settings. 👍
- Do I have to enable MFA? Yes, if your company has chosen to add MFA as an additional security measure, it is required. Users who do not complete the process by the cut-off date will be locked out of their account.
- Can I disable this? No. If your company has chosen to add MFA, it cannot be disabled.
- Can I opt-out of MFA? No, this is an additional security measure your company has chosen to enable, and is not optional.
- What if I'm locked out? If it is past the deadline for setting up MFA, you will need to contact a company admin for further assistance in order to gain access to Bonusly.
- Do I have to download an app? What if I don't have a smartphone? If you do not want to download an app or do not have a smartphone, you can add a Chrome extension for MFA to your browser.
Want to learn more? Check out these related articles:
- Setting up Multi-factor authentication for your company
- Setting up Multi-factor authentication for your personal account
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com! We’d be happy to help!