Multi-factor authentication (MFA) is an optional security measure that you can add to your Bonusly account. It requires another app and adds a step to your log in process.
In this article we will cover the following:
- How to add MFA to your Bonusly account for added security.
- How to disable MFA for your account.
- How to update MFA if you are using a new device.
Adding MFA to your Bonusly account for added security:
A pop-up will open, with a QR code. Scan this QR code with your MFA app. It will generate a 6 digit code. Input the code into Bonusly and select "Submit". *As a heads up, the MFA 6-digit code changes every 30 seconds.
If successful, you will receive the following notice:
You're all done setting up MFA! 🎉
Disabling MFA for your Bonusly account:
*Important: You will need to use your MFA app one last time to disable it:
If your change is successful, you will be notified with the following prompt:
How to update MFA if you are using a new device:
A pop up window will appear with a new QR code. Follow the log in process in order to update your MFA completely. 👍
- Do I have to enable MFA? No, it is an optional security measure any individual can install if they use web login.
- Can I disable this? Yes, you can remove it at any time.
- Do I have to download an app? What if I don't have a smartphone? If you do not want to download an app or do not have a smartphone, you can add a Chrome extension for MFA to your browser.
Want to learn more? Check out these related articles:
- Setting up Multi-factor authentication for your company
- How to set up and use company required multi-factor authentication
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com! We’d be happy to help!